7.17.2014

How Major Tech Firms Failed to Appreciate the iPhone's Potential



Apple competitors still smarting from iPhone blow

Excerpt:

Back in January 2007, when Jobs first showed the new device, he pitched it as a combination phone, music player and Internet communicator. But competitors including Microsoft's (MSFT) then-CEO Steve Ballmer and Motorola's former CEO Ed Zander could barely contain their disdain. "There's no chance that the iPhone is going to get any significant market share," Ballmer said of the lineup that has since sold more than 500 million devices.
Comment: Image source .... one of many in Apple IPhone's history in pictures. I was an early crtic of the IPad ... now I've had one for 3 years. I was critical of the costs of smart phone connectivity. Today I have an IPhone with me at all times (and pay nearly $ 100 a month for that connectivity). I hardly use it as a phone ... mostly as: a computer, and a navigation device. Not so much as a camera either. My next one will probably be an IPhone 7 (skipping the 6)

1 comment:

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic