7.16.2014

Bad Day at Black[berry] Rock



Did Apple and IBM just kill BlackBerry?

Excerpt:

Apple (AAPL) and IBM (IBM) announced a partnership that will let Big Blue offer souped-up iPhones and IPads to corporate customers. Shares of BlackBerry (BBRY) plunged nearly 12% Wednesday on the news
Comment: Image Source. What I've learned about Blackberry at work: workers don't want them! When I replaced my company phone this year, I was offered (and it was pushed hard!) a Blackberry. I took a dumb phone instead. Upper execs have IPhones. I use my own personal IPhone for business calls when out of office.

3 comments:

  1. Spencer Tracy as Big Blue (IBM) salesman ... with Apple products in his briefcase

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much more: Here’s what’s really behind IBM’s big Apple deal

    “It's landmark. It takes the best of Apple and the best of IBM and puts those together. There's no overlap, there's no competition. They're totally complementary. And more than anything, it focuses on the enterprise customer. So this is all about transforming enterprise. Reinventing the enterprise. Taking big-data analytics down to the fingertips of people so they can spend the time making complex decisions, not running around and getting data.”

    ReplyDelete
  3. we phased out the BB devices at our company recently. Not only did people not want them, I was tired of my team having to support an extra server (BES) just so those devices could connect. It's been a rare change that has not received a single bit of negative feedback.

    ReplyDelete

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic