9.22.2012

On the middle name "Wayne"

Death row inmate’s last words: “God bless the Texas Rangers”
Excerpt:


Robert Wayne Harris killed five people in cold blood and wounded another while robbing a car wash twelve years ago. And yesterday the State of Texas put him to death for his crimes. As he went to meet his maker, he had baseball on his mind:
“I’m going home. I’m going home,” Harris said. “Don’t worry about me. I’ll be alright. God bless, and the Texas Rangers, Texas Rangers.”
Comment: News of the Weird: The Classic Middle Name

Excerpt:



I have no idea whether the number of middle-named Wayne murderers is statistically significant. I suspect that aggressive-personality fathers during the 1950s and 1960s did in fact hopefully and disproportionately name their boys after that era's icon of ruggedness, John Wayne. Beyond that, I dare not venture. Herewith is the list: ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic