12.08.2010

No one has "plenty of time"!

Rolling Stone releases Lennon's final interview

Excerpt:

Three days before he was gunned down, John Lennon complained about his critics - saying they were just interested in "dead heroes" - and talked optimistically about his family and future, musing that he had "plenty of time" to accomplish some of his life goals.

Comment: I have my own "plenty of time" story. Back in college, I worked at a chemical plant during summers. I worked either a rotating shift or night shift only (depending on the Summer). One summer I was witnessing to a co-worker. He didn't use that exact phrase but the sentiment was the same - I've got "plenty of time"! That Summer he met his demise in an auto accident (as I recollect a GTO). A reminder: "Today, if you will hear His voice, Do not harden your hearts" (Hebrews 4:6-8 )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic