7.20.2010

Retiring? What to do with your 401(k)

Retiring? What to do with your 401(k)

Excerpt:

Bottom line: before you make a decision, take some time to think about such issues as when you'll need access to your money, how much flexibility you'll have getting to it in your 401(k) vs. an IRA rollover and, of course, how much you'll pay in expenses staying in your plan vs. doing a rollover. I suspect that most people will opt for the IRA, especially if they're 59 ½ or older. But the only way to know which is the better choice is to think it through


Comment: The question came from Plymouth MN (my own home)

Question: When I retire, should leave my money in my company's 401(k) or roll it into an IRA? --Mark, Plymouth, Minnesota


Although it is more than 5 years away, I think we will choose the IRA option.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic