4.29.2010

A place to watch the oceans rise

Al Gore, Tipper Gore snap up Montecito-area villa
Excerpt:

Former Vice President Al Gore and his wife, Tipper, have added a Montecito-area property to their real estate holdings, reports the Montecito Journal.

The couple spent $8,875,000 on an ocean-view villa on 1.5 acres with a swimming pool, spa and fountains, a real estate source familiar with the deal confirms. The Italian-style house has six fireplaces, five bedrooms and nine bathrooms.


Comment: Map

3 comments:

  1. It always cracks me up how the really big houses seem to have more bathrooms than bedrooms. One wonders whether being rich leads to incontinence or something. :^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. To quote another blogger I follow: I'll believe it's a crisis when the people who tell me it's a crisis start acting like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With all its bells & whistles, I'm sure that Al's new home consumes MUCH more electricity, natural gas (or other heating source), and other utilities than does my 1,150 square foot two bedroom townhome. I'm sure it produces much more trash/waste than my home does also.

    Another case of "do as I say, not as I do" from Al "An Incovenient Truth" Gore.

    ReplyDelete

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic