3.22.2010

A law firm's virus nightmare

One Very Small Law Firm; One Extremely Large Computer Virus

Excerpt:

By Saturday morning, the pace had picked up. We alerted the necessary authorities, but there was still the question of what to do with all the emails and phone calls. Our stock and trade is our reputation. It was important to me that I respond to each email and call as quickly as possible. I sent out about 80 emails from Florida and we made sure we changed our Web site as soon as possible.

I was with my kids, but I had to get back to Connecticut, where I live. So I got a flight back for first thing Saturday. This is where the story gets weird — on the plane I had internet access, and I got an email that my house had been destroyed in the storm that hit the night before; that a tree had fallen through my roof.

In the meantime, we can’t land at Laguardia because of the weather, so they route us to Harrisburg to refuel, where we sit on the tarmac for three hours before bringing us back. A two-hour trip was quickly becoming a nine-hour trip. So there I am, on the plane with my four children who haven’t been fed, trying to deal with this spam attack, also taking in the news that my house has just been destroyed.


Comment: A really interesting read!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic