3.18.2010

If you appreciate satire

Blog post critical of Kevin Bauder and Central Seminary: A Letter from *Dr. Richard V. Clearwaters to Kevin Bauder

Excerpt:

No doubt you are a bit familiar with me and the ministry God gave me in the not too distant past. I had humble beginnings, being born in Kansas into a Christian home. However, I turned from God in my teenage years. He lovingly brought me to Himself through the tragic loss of my brother and through an old fashioned, three week evangelistic meeting in Washington State.

God led me to train for ministry at the Moody Bible Institute. It was there I learned the essentials of Bible Institute training – The English Bible, gospel music, and personal evangelism. At this school, I heard the men who shaped my philosophy of ministry – men like R.A. Torrey, Billy Sunday, G. Campbell Morgan, and Griffith Thomas. From here, I received further training at Northern Baptist Theological Seminary, Kalamazoo College, and the Chicago University.

From my early days as a Christian, I knew God had called me to the pastorate. As you may know, The Lord allowed me to pastor in Wilton Center, IL, Kalamazoo, MI, Cedar Rapids, IA and then Minneapolis, MN. My last pastorate spanned over four decades and was certainly full of God’s rich blessing. Many great revivals took place during my tenure as the pastor! Many people were saved! God even allowed me to found the Pillsbury Baptist Bible College and the school which you now lead.

It may seem strange that I am writing to you since my decease, but it is not nearly as strange as some of your recent writings are to me. I have noticed with great consternation, the e-posts you have placed on sharperiron.org and other places. As the founder of Central Baptist Theological Seminary, an Independent Baptist Seminary, it is not a little troubling to me.


A response: A Letter from *Dr. J. Frank Norris to Kevin Bauder


Excerpt:

No doubt you are a bit familiar with me and the ministry God gave me in the not too distant past. I had humble beginnings, being born in Alabama.

God led me to train for ministry at Baylor University and then at Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. It was there I learned the essentials of filtering out what wouldn't help me become powerful.

From my early days as a Christian, I knew God had called me to the pastorate. As you may know, The Lord allowed me to pastor in Fort Worth, Texas, and amazingly, in Detroit, Michigan, at the same time. That's a trick no one had perfected before, or since. It's only now that these NEW EVANGELICAL ratbags are doing their 'campus' churches as a big TV screen preaches to their folks.

It may seem strange that I am writing to you since my decease, since it is tough for dead folks to get decent DSL, to say nothing of how my fingers crumble on the keyboard. But it is not nearly as strange as some of your recent writings are to me. I have noticed with great consternation, the e-posts you have placed on sharperiron.org and other places.



Comment: Read both! There's more than a laugh here!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, it's been a long time since I've heard the name Dwight Smith - he was in my brother's graduating class from 4th.

    I don't visit the sharperiron site very often, so I'm sure I didn't get all the humor in that, but it still had its points! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed these were linked for a while on SI, but then the links disappeared.

    Strange.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Joel ..... editorial decision.

    I am the S/I forum director and I support Aaron's administration.

    ReplyDelete

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic