8.26.2009

Kennedy finally faces justice!


Chappaquiddick incident

Excerpt:

Kennedy: If at any time, the citizens of Massachusetts should lack confidence in their Senator’s character or his ability, with or without justification, he could not in my opinion adequately perform his duties, and should not continue in office. The opportunity to work with you and serve Massachusetts has made my life worthwhile. So I ask you tonight, the people of Massachusetts, to think this through with me. In facing this decision, I seek your advice and opinion. In making it I seek your prayers. For this is a decision that I will have finally to make on my own.


Comment: I know this post is harsh, but I remember the events of 1969 and his culpability in the death (and subsequent coverup) of young Mary Jo Kopechne.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic