3.05.2009

On ridiculous project dates

A Dilbert cartoon should go right here!

Because it is copyrighted I link to it: Dilbert on Project Management.

Project dates need to be honest and they should be set from the bottom up not the top down. I received a project date of 7/1 today for something that I know will be approx 80% completed by 12/15. Asked if I could commit to a 7/1 date (that I was set by people way above me that don't have a clue what needs to be done to complete it), I said "no way".

1 comment:

  1. Amen. I vividly remember a summer internship where every time I walked into my boss's office, I'd see some scheduling software up there....and I never really interacted with him much. Nice guy, but he had no clue what I was doing.....and hence no clue how to schedule it.

    ReplyDelete

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic