1.10.2009

Mob Museum? "What is the interest for my family?"

Stimulus Money for a Mob Museum. Got a Problem?

Excerpt:

The planned Las Vegas Museum of Organized Crime and Law Enforcement, a k a “the Mob Museum” on its own Web site, is to include interactive exhibits where visitors can snap their mug shots, stand in police lineups and wiretap one another. Such a center, Mayor Oscar B. Goodman said in an interview Thursday, is “absolutely falling within the four corners of what President-elect Obama is trying to achieve.”

“This is a project where all the plans are in place and we can start it within 30 days,” said Mr. Goodman, a former criminal defense lawyer who represented several Mafia figures in the 1970s and 1980s.

Citing studies showing that 250,000 tourists a year would visit the attraction and noting that tourism is to Las Vegas what car sales are (or were) to Detroit, the mayor continued: “I don’t know why Mitch McConnell would take on this project. It’s a great project.”

Senator Mitch McConnell, a Kentucky Republican and the minority leader, attacked the museum this week as a kind of localized earmark project that does not belong in legislation Congress passes to jumpstart the flailing economy.



Comment: This kind of c**p spending will be paid for by our grandchildren!

Sollozzo: Bene. Don Corleone. I need a man who has powerful friends. I need a million dollars in cash. I need Don Corleone and all of those politicians that you carry around in your pocket like so many nickels and dimes.
Don Corleone: What is the interest for my family?
Sollozzo: Thirty percent. In the first year your end should be 3, 4 million dollars and then it would go up.
Don Corleone: And what is the interest for the Tattalgia family?
Sollozzo: [to Tom] My compliments. I'll take care of the Tattalgia's, out of my share.
Don Corleone: So, I am to receive thirty percent for finance, for legal protection and politcal influence, is that what you're telling me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic