11.06.2008

Will Joe Lieberman experience "long knives"?

An Embrace of Lieberman? Not Exactly

Excerpt:

The political status of Senator Joseph I. Lieberman of Connecticut was indefinite on Thursday after he met with Senator Harry Reid of Nevada, the Democratic majority leader, to discuss Mr. Lieberman’s support of Senator John McCain, the Republican candidate for president.

Mr. Lieberman, a one-time Democrat who became an independent, could be stripped of his chairmanship of the Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, although neither he nor Mr. Reid addressed that issue after their meeting.

“I’m thinking about what my options are,” Mr. Lieberman said.
Mr. Reid issued a statement notably lacking in warmth in which he called the meeting “the first of what I expect to be several conversations.”

“No decisions have been made,” Mr. Reid said. “While I understand that Senator Lieberman has voted with Democrats a majority of the time, his comments and actions have raised serious concerns among many in our caucus. I expect there to be additional discussions in the days to come, and Senator Lieberman and I will speak to our caucus in two weeks to discuss further steps.”


Comment: Joe will pay the price for support of McCain.

1 comment:

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic