10.14.2008

Welcome to the Republican Party

I was talking to the 8 year-old daughter of a friend of mine, and she said she wanted to be President some day. Both of her parents, liberal Democrats, were standing there, so I asked her, 'If you were President what's the first thing you would do?'

She replied, 'I'd give food and houses to all the homeless people.'

'Wow - what a worthy goal,' I told her. 'But you don't have to wait until you're President to do that. You can come over to my house and mow the grass, pull weeds, and rake my yard, and I'll pay you $50. Then I'll take you over to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out, and you can give him the $50 to use toward food or a new house.'

She thought that over for a few seconds, 'cause after all she's only 8. And while her Mom glared at me, she looked me straight in the eye and asked, 'Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and do the work himself, and you can just pay him the $50?'

And I said, 'Welcome to the Republican Party.'

Her folks still aren't talking to me.


Comment: Sadly (in my own view), the Republican party has lost its voice and message. Hopefully new leadership will help the party regain its message! Sent to me by my daughter!

1 comment:

  1. That's pretty much it.
    And if Republicans would just become "The Conservative Party" we'd be a lot better off.

    ReplyDelete

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic