10.01.2008

More about "prosper.com"






www.prosper.com

Comments:


  • I took four screen snips and posted them.
  • Prosper has 4 built in investment plans. You can also build your own. For example I have built two: "AA only" and "Very Conservative Plan". The image top is of Prosper's Conservative plan
  • One can set up automatic transfers and then have the plan do the investing for you. Manual bids are also permitted.
  • For me, I invest $ 50 per month.
  • So far I am making about 10% interest
  • John_14_6 is my Proper investor name.
  • If interested, you may check out my lending stats here.

    • As you can see, one loan went belly up and I lost $ 48!
    • Even with that loss, my return is 10%

  • Of late, I only invest in AA and A loans. AA borrowers have a FICO score of 760+
  • And I limit my exposure to any one loan to $ 50
  • I rarely do C or B category loans


If you want to try it out, Prosper has a referral program. You can get a bonus for either borrowing or lending. If interested email me at jrpeet [at] gmail [dot] com and I will send you a referral. The latest referral bonus is: The referee gets $ 25 if they sign up and fund a loan (you can do this with as little as $ 50). And the referrer gets $ 25.

I am a big proponent of safe savings. Another great site with great rates is Ingdirect.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic