8.09.2008

Saturday stuff

Good news and bad news - bad news first

Bad news: The hard drive on my MacBook failed
Good news: Apple replaced the hard drive (under warranty) today for free. I dropped my MacBook off at 10:45 and picked it up at 2:30 or so.

Lost data: Not really anything as most is "in the cloud". See The Big Switch to Cloud Computing. I did lose somethings: I need to add back in several applications: FETCH, CUTEFTP, TACO Editor. ITunes is a special case. Because ITunes is now empty on my MacBook, if I connect my IPOD all will be erased off the IPOD. I understand the work around is to connect the IPOD to a PC and use freeware to offline the ripped files. I will worry about this next week and do that deed at work.

I had to load back Office 2008, Firefox, and Acrobat Reader. I also have a Mahjong / Solitary game that I had to re-load from CD.

So it wasn't a bad day. Glad my data is "in the cloud"

2 comments:

  1. Use Senuti.(itunes backwards) It is a free app that will allow you to download your music off you ipod.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, the old backwards masking trick again.

    ReplyDelete

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic