7.18.2008

Friday miscellanea


  1. Once again I am awake at 3:00 a.m.
  2. K and I have a 4 day weekend.
  3. My dear 88 year old Mother arrives today from Dallas for a visit. So does my Sister
  4. Allstate finally settled up about the hail damage on my house (from 5/31). I'm ready to sign the contract with the roofer and sider
  5. I am going to renew my driver's license this morning.
  6. We are doing quite a bit of entertaining this weekend ... many meals for my wife to prepare. Tonight dinner for 11
  7. I'm shocked by Jesse Jackson's "off the record" comments about Obama. But not surprised!
  8. My left ear is completely plugged up. I thought my ear drum was going to burst last night.
  9. I need to again focus on losing weight
  10. I had a job interview recently. Not sure what will become of this or how motivated I am to change jobs.
  11. I am very thankful for my church and our Pastors
  12. A friend connected with me yesterday and will visit with us (from Tennessee) next Tuesday
  13. Only in San Francisco: Proposed George W. Bush Sewage Plant makes ballot
  14. The coolest post of last week ... the earth from 31 million miles. Be sure to view the movies!
  15. All of my team members feel pretty good about our company's stock this week.

6 comments:

  1. You could maybe combine number 1 and number 9. If you engaged in an exercise program it might make you more tired and able to sleep better. Are you limited or prevented physically from doing exercise?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear anonymous friend. About # 1 and # 9.

    Good point.

    I am "limited" but I am not dead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol....Maybe you should add another point to today: Go to 2nd Wind and check out their equipment. They have all sorts of equipment at reasonable prices to exercise any part of the body. (By the way, I hope I wasn't out of line.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. JP, I'm interested in losing weight, too. Actually, I started a few weeks ago and so far it's going well. That's why this topic is of special interest to me. Here's a little hint that works for me. In the past I've said to myself, "I'm going to lose some weight" and just left it at that. This time I have a number (weight) in mind. It's much more concrete and attainable when you have a certain goal in mind to work for. Leaving it at "I'm going to lose some weight" is too wishy-washy and easy to fudge. At least for me, having a specifig goal in mind makes it more real and achievable as opposed to some wishful thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. More:

    Went to get my DL renewed today (Hennepin Cty Service Center at Ridgedale). Wow has that place changed in 4 years. Very efficient set up. I thought I would have to write a check today (haven't written any all year!!!! (Online bill pay). Well turns out they now take credit cards.

    More on Allstate and hail damage: Less than 18 months ago we replaced our roof with a 40 year shingle. Well all that is getting replaced. The standard is a certain number of hail dings per square (I think 15). Our roof was over that. New roof, siding on 2 sides, new gutters and downspouts, and window repairs. I won't tell you how much but it is more than we paid for our first house 33 years ago.

    More on bad habits. My weakness is M&M's (Note: I said M&M not S&M :) ). I love those little guys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol...........


    Does that mean the price of building materials and labor has gone up or, does it mean that the value of the dollar has gone down?
    In any event, glad to see that it's working out........Hey, maybe you could walk a dog for exercise. The word verifcation thing now says "pitbol." lol Weird

    ReplyDelete

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic