6.10.2008

New crutches



In the corner of my garage, I have about 6 pairs of crutches that are ready for the recycling center. The problem with them: the cuffs are cheap. Some have stamped steel cuffs with a plastic cover. The cover wears thin and then the cuff rusts. Others have broken at the hinge of the cuff and the crutch. Another is bent.

Two years ago I bought the Cadillac of crutches from Thomas Fetterman: Titanium, custom cut to my height (no need for adjustments), ultra tuff tips, extra sturdy cuffs, etc.

This week I am getting my second set. Since I don't use them in the house, I keep a pair of crutches in my car and another in my truck. The truck pair basically is wasted (the rusting cuff).

I ordered my second set on May 5th ... I just got the shipping notification today. I'll be showing these off at church on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic