2.29.2008

Slippery!

Walking with crutches, I have this GIANT fear of falling. I've fallen so many times ... I cannot count. Last Summer I fell in our home and cracked my head.

Last night we had to walk about 4 blocks outside from the parking ramp to the Orpheum theater. Oh was it slippery. I took baby steps and walked as close to the side of the buildings (less snow) as I could. On top of the light snow last night there was some freezing rain. On the way out of the Orpheum, the pavement was like a rink. Additionally it was jammed with people exiting the theater. I was so scared of falling, that I told Kathee to go get the car and I would wait for her there. But she coaxed me to continue and we made it back to the garage safely!

So I am thanking the Lord today for His hand of safety!

Psalm 17:5, "Uphold my steps in Your paths, That my footsteps may not slip"

4 comments:

  1. Does anyone make studded crutch tips? I've been on crutches twice in my life, both times when it was snowy/icy. Glad to see that someone is thinking of your needs this way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bert,

    You are the second person to ask me about this today.

    Fetterman has these (http://www.fetterman-crutches.com/accessories/icetips.html) ... I think I will look into them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really cool....I'm so glad that this guy figured out a way to make lemonade from the lemon that life gave him.

    I'd be interested to see those tips once you get 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I called them today about their "garage sale" to see if I could get an extra set of crutches on the cheap, but all are for short people.

    I will follow through on the tips.

    God bless

    ReplyDelete

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic