11.29.2007

Automailer - 2nd Try

Today was my 2nd use of Automailer. For my earlier usage see Automailer - 1st Try.

I'm working with a project manager who had a need to send an email to 850 desktop users. He did not know how to easily do this so I volunteered to do the mailing for him (knowing that I have the Automailer in my toolbox). I had to get my manager's approval to help him. I send it as it if was sent from the project manager with him as the contact person.

Sifting through the 850 rows (Microsoft Access), I eliminated rows where the email was NULL and also several duplicates. Then I exported to a [TAB] delimited *.txt file. I did a sample email to just the project manager and myself earlier this week. So today all I had to do was use the larger set of emails (744 with the NULLs and duplicates eliminated). Automailer sent the 744 emails out in less than 2 minutes.

It was one of the highlights of my day! (That and the resolution to the SQL Server Management Studio issue!).

What I am looking forward to ... trying this out with 3,000 addresses. Hopefully soon I will have a project need to try this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic