10.13.2007

Lake Tawakoni State Park


Kathee, Mother, and I drove out to Lake Tawakoni State Park to see the massive webs of the long-jawed orb weavers. Previously mentioned in August here, the massive webs are a sight to behold. It was a 75 mile drive from my Mother's house in Arlington, TX. We arrived at 11:30 and walked the quarter mile trail back to the web sites. I took some photos that I will post when I return to Minneapolis. My Mother was a good sport and permitted me to take photos of her by the webs. Kathee demurred. When we arrived back at the car, I had a 8" strand of web hanging from the cuff of my left crutch. Creepy!

Afterwards, we stopped at the rustic Blue Bird Cafe in Wills Point, TX. The spider image is from the Wikipedia article.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic