6.14.2007

Help: favicon.ico

Here's a brief tutorial on favicon.ico:



  1. The above image is from I.E. 7.
  2. Comment (not sure why): does not work in I.E.6.
  3. Displays three places: in the URL (address) area, on the tab (I.E.7), in the favorites listing


I. Create a favicon.ico file (3 options):

  1. Install an Icon editor (Google to find one) to your PC
  2. Use a web based tool eg Favicon editor
  3. Create a larger image and convert it to a 16x16 ico file. (This was my approach. I created a 500x500 pixel .png image and used Dynamic Drive: FavIcon Generator to create my favicon.ico image).


II. Store the favicon.ico file on a shared area



III. Edit the HTML in your blogger template:



IV. Here's the code:

  1. <link href='http://shared.jrpeet.fastmail.net/favicon.ico' rel='shortcut icon'/>
  2. This must go in the <head> section!
  3. Comment: These same steps work for Intranet and Internet sites as well! (would go in the index.html index.cfm default.asp etc file)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic