5.26.2007

40 years later

The 1967 graduating class of Oak Hills High School is planning our 40th anniversary to be celebrated October 13th. at Western Hills Country Club in Cincinnati. Several weeks ago I responded to class questionnaire indicating that I am interested in attending.

Today by email, I received a spreadsheet with a list of '67 graduates:


  1. There were 338 graduates (I'm sure I knew each of them by name 40 years ago. Now my memories have faded, I need to look them up in the yearbook)
  2. 13 are deceased:

    1. Two died the Summer after graduation: Dave O'Brien died in a car accident and Jimmy Cederdahl died when a tractor overturned. I remember both of those events fairly clearly.
    2. My best friend from HS, Joel Perry died in just the last 10 years. Patty Murray called me here in Plymouth with the news then.
    3. Bobby Waller is deceased, the date and circumstances unknown to me. In HS he had a nice V-8 Mustang with a 4 speed.
    4. Robert Botts (we called him Robbie) died of AIDS some time ago.
    5. Glenn Bowers is deceased. We were going to join the Navy together but my Father forbade me ("you're going to college, Son!")
    6. And 7 others. We're going to look them up in the yearbook.

  3. One will be unable to attend. He murdered his wife and is locked away (last I heard)


How fast 40 years go! James 4:14, "whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away"

Every day is a great gift from the Father of Lights. I'm privileged to know Him through my Savior. I must live every day to honor and glorify Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic