3.29.2007

Thoughts on my Father's Birthday

My Father, Alvah Peet, was born March 29th, 1918 in Alaska Michigan. He died December 22, 1999.

Things I learned from my Father:


  1. I learned to be faithful to one woman. He and Mom were married 57 years. He was faithful to her.
  2. I learned how to work. Dad worked for A.T.&T. for over 40 years.
  3. I learned how to be a Father. My Dad was tough. I did not always appreciate that growing up. He taught us to respect him.
  4. I learned to have fun. My Dad was fun. We camped together, we boated, we goofed off.
  5. I learned to earn money and provide for my family. My Father faithfully provided for our family. We had everything we needed and then some.
  6. I learned patriotism. My Dad served our country in World War II.
  7. I learned leadership from my Father.


I don't think of my Dad every day. Sometimes Roger or I will say, Dad would have enjoyed that. (I think Dad would have enjoyed playing pool with his boys!). Mom thinks of him every day and his death is harder on her than me. But this week I have been remembering him. I miss him.

John Piper wrote Things I Have Learned (from his Father). I encourage you to read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic