2.25.2007

Heavy snow overnight



Snowbound

We had a good storm with at least 12" of snow (probably more like 15").

Kathee and I got out at 8:00 and worked on the driveway. I did the plowing and she did the "trim" areas. My tractor got stuck twice. Paul from across the street came and got me unstuck both times. The John Deere (w snow plow) is at (and beyond) its limits with this snow depth. I started my neighbors (Mrs Finke's) but I could not cut into her driveway from the street. A pickup with a plow came by and Paul and I gave him $ 30 to do her driveway.

Church was excellent today. We had light attendance (to be expected) but a great worship service. Pastor concluded his message from last week on 1 Tim 6:17-19

Command those who are rich in this present age not to be haughty, nor to trust in uncertain riches but in the living God, who gives us richly all things to enjoy. Let them do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to give, willing to share, storing up for themselves a good foundation for the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life.


Pastor referenced the Ezekiel 16:49-50 pertaining to the dangers of pride (not to be haughty): "Look, this was the iniquity of your sister Sodom: She and her daughter had pride, fullness of food, and abundance of idleness; neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. And they were haughty and committed abomination before Me"


Back home from church. Kathee picked my up at the portico because the N. side of the church was so icy (where we came in).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic