1.07.2007

Sunday: worship, rest and family

Pastor McLachlan and Marie are in India and Dr. Hauser was the speaker this morning. His message, "A Spiritual Approach to the New Year", was from Joshua 1. Main points:


  1. The reliability of God (vs. 5) "I will not leave you nor forsake you"
  2. The responsibility of the believer (vss 6-8) "be strong and very courageous, that you may observe to do according to all the law which Moses My servant commanded you; do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may prosper wherever you go"
  3. The response of God (vs 7b, 8b) "For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success"


Dr Hauser has a strong voice, clear delivery, and thoughtful messages. It was a blessing.

I saw this in Baptist World Messenger: "A recent preaching tour in the Maritime Provinces burdened my heart with the great need in Canada. There I became aware of a multitude of small independent Baptist congregations without Pastoral leadership". This burdens my heart as well. Perhaps someday I will pastor a church?!


  1. Kathee is writing employee reviews
  2. Later she will be making a full turkey dinner (think Thanksgiving in January)
  3. Roger is at reserves and will come home famished and tired

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic