12.15.2006

Jacob's gift to Esau

Genesis 33:10-11, "And Jacob said, “No, please, if I have now found favor in your sight, then receive my present from my hand, inasmuch as I have seen your face as though I had seen the face of God, and you were pleased with me. Please, take my blessing that is brought to you, because God has dealt graciously with me, and because I have enough.” So he urged him, and he took it."

Why Jacob gave a gift to Esau :


  1. Because he valued his relationship with his brother - "inasmuch as I have seen your face as though I had seen the face of God"
  2. Because his brother valued his brother Jacob = "and you were pleased with me" (I think you can say they had a mutual love relationship despite difficulties in their relationship.)
  3. Because of God's grace to Jacob - "because God has dealt graciously with me"
  4. Because of the abundance of Jacob's possessions - "because I have enough"




Work:

  1. I had a good week. My time with Scott yesterday really encouraged me. I hadn't seen him for three or four weeks.
  2. Breaking the 50,000 mark (software upgrades to workstations) was satisfying, although I had expected to reach this threshold by the end of October.
  3. I was supposed to have coffee with Larry N. today, but he called me just before 9 to say he wasn't feeling well.
  4. I saw Jeff W. my first Norwest manager this morning at 8 and it was nice to see him (a dear friend from Colorado who moved to Minneapolis a year after we did).
  5. I'm scheduled to get a new, more powerful PC to run Vista. I have an older Dell desktop with Vista on it now (as well as a Lenovo Thinkpad with XP)
  6. We have a three day weekend for which I am thankful. I do need to go into the office for several hours on Monday to meet one of the new managers (visiting from Salt Lake City


Life:

  1. Kathee and I read Genesis 33 & 34 tonight.
  2. My left ankle and heel were very sore all day. Kathee iced it before dinner and there was some relief
  3. We had our old standby, grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner
  4. Colleen T. from the Metro Women's Center is coming by the house tomorrow for discussions.
  5. Every Christmas present ordered or sent has arrived.
  6. I intend to sleep in (maybe 7:30) tomorrow.
  7. Roger has USMC reserves this weekend.
  8. Rachel arrives home on Sunday
  9. Our package sent to Lindsay T in China finally arrived (took almost 6 weeks!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic