12.21.2006

Finally: SNOW!

Star Tribune: "A picturesque snowfall that arrived on the first day of winter in the metro area has the potential for a snow-globe slowdown to the afternoon rush hour."

Snow, winter arrive in time for afternoon rush hour

We left downtown at 2 as Kathee had a Doctor's appointment in Plymouth at 2:45. It took us at least 15 minutes to get to the entrance to 394 and another 45 minutes to get to Plymouth. We stopped at Chili's for dinner as Kathee's prescription was not ready at Walgreens when we arrived there. We were finally home at just after 5. I plowed Mrs Finke's driveway and ours. It was the first time I have had my John Deere out this Winter.

Both Kathee and I brought our laptops home and will work from home tomorrow. Our company policy requires that the security fob for the VPN (virtual private network) be utilized every 90 days or it is discontinued. Kathee regularly (almost every night) connects her laptop to work, but for me the last time was October 27th. I received the warning message yesterday to "use it or lose it" (the security fob). So I will connect tomorrow and work from home.

I had lunch with Mike M today and that was nice. Mike is a full time Cold Fusion programmer. For me I just dabble in Cold Fusion.

Work:

  1. Tomorrow is my last day of work for 2006!
  2. I left work today with just 1 email in my inbox. (Kathee has over 1,000 - this is one of her projects next week - to clean out her mail)
  3. Kathee received another gift package from work ... from her direct manager, Jim O.


Scripture:

We read Genesis 41 and 42 tonight. There are so many principles about "grace under fire" and God's sovereignty from the life of Joseph and we love this section of Scripture.

Here's one thought: Genesis 41:1 "Then it came to pass, at the end of two full years, that Pharaoh had a dream ..." Here you have just one phrase .. "two full years". Joseph is languishing in prison. He must have wondered: "Why? Where is God? What is the purpose of this? How will God be glorified by this? Has God forgotten me?" I've felt that way and I'm sure most have! But God is sovereign! He has a plan!

Genesis 41:46 "Joseph was thirty years old when he stood before Pharaoh king of Egypt ... " and 50-52 "And to Joseph were born two sons before the years of famine came, whom Asenath, the daughter of Poti-Pherah priest of On, bore to him. Joseph called the name of the firstborn Manasseh: “For God has made me forget all my toil and all my father’s house.” And the name of the second he called Ephraim: “For God has caused me to be fruitful in the land of my affliction.” ". This was 13 years after he was sold into slavery by his brothers! He is somehow stronger and more confident in the Lord despite living alone among pagans for all of his adult life! There's some lessons here!

Kathee loves this section of Scripture (the seven fat years followed by the seven lean years) and often uses this section to teach the need to be prepared and to eschew presumptiveness about the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic