12.11.2006

A difficult birth - a lost life

Genesis 25:23-26, "So when her days were fulfilled for her to give birth, indeed there were twins in her womb. And the first came out red. He was like a hairy garment all over; so they called his name Esau. Afterward his brother came out, and his hand took hold of Esau’s heel; so his name was called Jacob."

Tonight's reading was Genesis 25 & 26. Since it's been at least two years since we have read Genesis, it is refreshing to read it again.

Esau is is a key character - Esau in the N.T.

What we know about Esau:

Hebrews 12:15-17, "looking carefully lest anyone fall short of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up cause trouble, and by this many become defiled; lest there be any fornicator or profane person like Esau, who for one morsel of food sold his birthright. For you know that afterward, when he wanted to inherit the blessing, he was rejected, for he found no place for repentance, though he sought it diligently with tears"


  1. He typifies those who "fall short of the grace of God"
  2. He was profane (NASB = "godless person")
  3. He "found no place for repentance" (he was lost!)
  4. He regretted his lostness!


Work:

  1. Not an easy day. I had off on Friday and seems like every day I have off, I come back to work to issues
  2. I am having some serious thoughts about whether I will look for a different job in 5 months. I want to be able to go on vacation and not come back to unaddressed issues (Kathee wants to take a 2 week road trip to visit her brother in Oregon.
  3. I met the guy that "walks worse than I do". He parks in the same garage. He works for our same company. His name is "Jim" and he is on the 11th floor. He walks with shoulder crutches (I walk with forearm crutches). He said his shoulders really ache by the end of the day. For me ... its my ankles.


Rachel had her tax final today. Roger has his economics final tomorrow.

Jeff the Cutco salesman is here. I am not in much of a mood to spend $$. Kathee is in the kitchen looking at his wares.

Weather: still no snow. My tractor is ready (I haven't started it for a month ... probably should make sure the battery is strong!). Misty rain on the way home from work. Medicine Lake is frozen over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic