11.01.2006

Vista & Office 2007

Finally got set up with Vista at work. I am in a Beta program with 100 workstations. My "workstation" is a Dell desktop with 1.5 GB of memory.

This is secondary to my "production" laptop that is Windows XP SP2.

I'm supposed to use the Vista workstation for almost all of my day to day activity: Email, Office (2007 - which I have not tried yet). Should be fun.

Turns out that there are two display modes of Vista: "Aero" and "Classic". Aero is the "eye candy" edition with fancier graphics and a 3D effect. My old Dell that I am using for UAT (user acceptance testing) does not have a powerful enough video card to display the Aero view.

I talked to my manager this morning about how "beat up" I am feeling. He said "have tough skin" and hang in there. I feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic