10.04.2006

Wednesday - Long work day


  1. Kathee worked until 7 and took the bus home (home at 7:45)
  2. I left work at 4:00 to visit Jeff S in the hospital. Got caught in Twins traffic. Finally to the hospital at about 4:45.
  3. I brought the company laptop home ... worked until 9:30
  4. Now 10 .. Roger, Kathee and I about to begin Philippians.


I'm up to 49.5% if 57,000 workstations on release 2.23. Another business unit with 2339 workstations signed on today (will be done Oct 17-29). Another group will only 374 workstations going very slow and will stretch out upgrades over three change periods (a month and a half). Our non-compliant workstations dropped to under 100. Support for them expires 10/10. I met with Sue C on our floor who has one of them .. she is going to have it recycled via Redemtech. I wanted it for myself ... I suggested to my manager that I be "gifted" with it - I intended to put Linux on it. But request was denied.

All leaves off the tree on the North side by Mrs. Finke's. Oak and willows still fully in leaf. There is a large spider outside the kitchen window - Daisy the cat noticed and was excited.

Receive Bruce Metzger's "The Canon of the N.T." today but did not even open the box.


Philippians quotes:

1:21, "For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain"
1:27, "Only let your conduct be worthy of the gospel of Christ"
2:4, "Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others."
2:9-11, "Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father"
2:12, "Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling"
2:15, "that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic