10.23.2006

Problems at work

While I was away I requested distributions that overloaded an SMS (distribution) server and crashed it. This resulted in the patching cycle to not complete and also negatively impacted (not sure to what extent) an IVRU (Internet Voice Response Unit). The resulting mess got a lot of visibility (and this was not positive) and all of my distributions for the window 10/17-29 were put on hold.

So today I came back to more than 200 emails, plus this mess. My manager is out of town until Wednesday so I feel in limbo until we talk.

I am stressed but patient that this will be resolved. I will be very busy the next two weeks.

Mark W my buddy from BCP called me. I told him that if things don't improve, I would consider coming back. I'm not sure if I seriously believe this, but I don't like being called when I am on vacation (like I was last Wednesday).




Kathee and I finished 2 Timothy tonight

3:16-17, "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work."




I wore out the soles (really just the left one that drags a bit) on my Filson shoes. I have two pairs of these. One wears out and I send it off for resoling. I use http://www.shoecrafters.com/ in Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic