9.28.2006

Working wirelessly at home in bathrobe

Ain't life great!

I am only working until noon. I am using the newly released company wireless utility for connection to the company network. I used it last night for the first time and it works great. We are set to roll this utility out to 72,000 workstations starting in October and concluding by Thanksgiving.

The WIFI utility:


  1. Prohibits dual connectivity to a wired and wireless network (security)
  2. Forces connection to VPN (virtual private network) via Rova (in 5 min) or wireless is disabled.


The wireless utility is my company's secure answer to wireless connectivity.

My company Lenovo Thinkpad feels half the weight of my personal three year old Dell laptop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any anonymous comments with links will be rejected. Please do not comment off-topic